Want to help Second Hope Circle?
(Last updated December 6th 2012)
There are several ways that you can help the Second Hope Circle. Check them out below.
1. Subscribe to the Second Hope Newsletter. By receiving this newsletter you will get updates about Second Hope Circle and will also receive emergency newsletters that can help a shelter in need. Rapid communication throughout Ontario can make a huge difference when fire, viruses or natural disaster strikes.
2. Inform your local animal shelter/rescue about Second Hope Circle. Give them the website and email address and tell them why you think they should participate. The more shelters/rescues and people we have in this network, the more good we can do!
3. Contribute information. Do you have a resource link that you think should be on the website? Or maybe you are an experienced pet owner, rescuer or breeder and want to contribute to an animal fact sheet. Maybe you are a veterinarian who would like to participate in the vet Q&A. Any contributions of this nature are extremely helpful and will keep the website up-to-date and community oriented.
4. Have advertising space? Do you have advertising space on your website, business or newsletter? If you are willing to donate advertising space to the Second Hope Circle, even more people will find out about this network and be able to help the animals of Ontario! Contact us if you would like a small blurb or photo to go with it!
5. Spread Awareness. Do you have Facebook, Twitter or a blog? Why not donate your status or post to the Second Hope Circle. Include the website link and maybe a sentence about what we do. Spreading awareness helps this network grow!
6. Tell us your story. Did you find your new pet through Second Hope Circle? We want to know about it! Tell us why you wanted to adopt a hard-to-place animal, how your new pet is fitting in at home and maybe a picture. We would love to include it in our 'adopted' section!
7. Become a fan on Facebook or follow us on Twitter (@2ndhopecircle). http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Second-Hope-Circle/150100271685555
8. Donate. Website costs, our future interest in become non-profit and our fund to help animals rely on donations. While it's true that the Second Hope Circle started out because of a grant from the Pepsi Refresh Project, that money won't last forever (in fact it only lasts for 2011!). Consider a donation today to help get hard-to-place animals adopted! You can also buy a window or bumper sticker in our SHC fundraiser going on now or donate to our Think Recycle program!
9. Volunteer. There are a number of different tasks that SHC can use your help for! Time commitment and difficulty level vary, let us know of your skills and we can match you with the best job! It's really flexible and you'll be making a difference in the lives of Ontario pets! The volunteer program is suspended until the 2013, please check back then!